The 2021-22 La Liga edition returns with another high-profile derby this week as Unai Emery’s Villarreal take on local rivals Valencia in an important clash at El Madrigal on Tuesday.
Video Reviews for Villarreal vs Valencia
Valencia are currently tenth in the La Liga standings and have failed to meet expectations so far this season. Los Che They suffered a shock 2-1 defeat at the hands of Osasuna in their previous game and will need to prove a point this week.
On the other hand, Villarreal is seventh in the league table at the moment and has been somewhat inconsistent this year. The Yellow Submarines beat Getafe to win 2-1 at the weekend and will try to achieve a similar result in this match.
Villarreal vs Valencia head-to-head and key numbers
- Valencia has a good record against Villarreal and won 23 out of 51 matches played between the two teams, compared to 18 wins for Villarreal.
- Villarreal have not lost in their last four home games against Valencia and can secure three consecutive home wins against Los Che for the first time in 12 years.
- Valencia have won their last two matches against Villarreal in La Liga and could win three first division matches against the hosts at that time in their history.
- Villarreal have not lost in their last 11 La Liga derbies at El Madrigal and will be looking to extend their streak this week.
- Valencia have won their last four La Liga derbies – their best record against teams from the region in nearly 24 years.
- Villarreal have never lost a home match in La Liga on Tuesday and have won four of their seven similar matches in the competition.
Villarreal vs Valencia Prediction
Villarreal have been exceptional in the Champions League this season, but they have yet to translate their European success into impressive performances domestically. Unai Emery has great players at his disposal and has a lot of work to do in La Liga.
Valencia is in transition at the moment and will need to play off their skin to secure a place in Europe. Villarreal is the better team at the moment and should be able to win this match.
prediction: Villarreal 2-1 Valencia
Villarreal vs Valencia betting tips
Tip 1: The result – Villarreal
Tip 2: A game with more than 2.5 goals – yes
Tip 3: Villarreal scores first – yes
Tip 4: Arno Danjuma to score – yes